Jobs at CodeRed
Be Brilliant. Become Elite.
CodeRed is a Cleveland-based technology firm specializing in secure web development and cloud services. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology as part of a young, small, growing company. Your work will help build our reputation as an elite technical force in the region.
To know if you'd be a good fit at CodeRed, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you ambitious in both your personal and professional life?
- Are you the person who finds solutions to problems that others cannot solve or understand?
- Do you strive to be the absolute best at what you do, and want to work with others who strive for the same?
- Are you excited by contributing to and spreading the use of high quality open source software?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we’d love to work with you.
Front-end Web DeveloperLocation: Cleveland, OH, USA Posted: January 2019 Skill-level: Entry to mid-level
Front-end Web Developer will work both independently and as part of a team to build websites and applications for clients. You will work on different projects across multiple industries including: Marketing, Healthcare, Industrial, Nonprofit, and others for local and national clients. You will have the freedom to use tools and frameworks of your choice when applicable; and will work in an atmosphere with experienced developers who value mentoring and personal growth. Day-to-day work includes:
- Working with clients and graphic designers to implement functional web pages from visual mockups.
- 3 to 4 days per week remote work.
- Highly competent with CSS. Must be able to produce responsive web pages based on visual mockups (pdf, photoshop, etc.).
- Some familiarity with a back-end programming language such as Python, PHP, C#, or other.
- Some familiarity with using a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress, Kentico, Sitecore, Umbraco, Drupal, Joomla, Wagtail, etc.
- Communication skills in the form of documenting code and explaining technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Very ambitious to continue learning and sharpening your skills
- Participate in local tech events and conferences.
- Enthusiasm for Open Source Software. You will ultimately end up contributing to some of our open source products.
Nice to Have
As we are a small company, everyone “wears many hats” and there are many different internal jobs to be done. If you have an interest in other areas or technologies, there is always an opportunity to learn more and help expand the company. Other technologies heavily within use are:
- Azure, Cloudflare, Let’s Encrypt, and other cloud services.
- Linux system administration and automation using Debian and Docker.
CodeRed offers benefits, competitive pay, flexible working hours and telecommuting, performance-based bonuses, and unlimited career growth potential. Will consider contract or full-time employment for this position.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. CodeRed can NOT sponsor visas at this time.